Ms. Gonzalez-Sanfeliu has over 30 years’ experience in the Satellite Telecommunications Industry and is currently responsible for INTELSAT’s activities in Latin America and the Caribbean Region. As Regional Vice President of the region, she oversees the P&L of the Latin America Operations, a responsibility of over $500m annual revenues. Ms. Gonzalez leads a sales force with offices located in Miami, Brazil, and Mexico. The customer base extends to broadcasters, carriers, aero, maritime, multinationals, and government agencies which require the provision of telecommunications solutions such as broadcast services, broadband Internet, VSAT, corporate networks, cellular & mobile backhaul, Aero and Cruise Mobility.
Intelsat is the leading provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. For more than 50 years, Intelsat has been delivering information and entertainment for many of the world’s leading media and network companies, multinational corporations, Internet Service Providers and governmental agencies. From the globalization of content and the proliferation of HD, to the expansion of cellular networks and broadband access, Intelsat’s satellite, teleport and fiber infrastructure set the standard for transmissions of video, data and voice services.
Ms. González-Sanfeliu was instrumental in developing Intelsat’s Latin American sales strategy subsequent to its merger with PanAmSat in 2006. During this time, she was Vice President for PanAmSat Latin America Operations and oversaw $180m in annual revenues.
Previously to her current role at PanAmSat, Ms. Gonzalez served as Director of Latin America Business Development for Vyvx International within Williams Communications, where she developed and implemented the business plan for telecommunications opportunities in the region, working with both Williams Communications satellite and fiber resources. She was tasked with starting the LatAm region from the ground-up incorporating fiber and satellite network infrastructure services. Vyvx International was eventually absorbed by Level3 Corporation. During this time, she received the Circle of Excellence Award for top sales performance in 2000.
Before Williams, Ms. Gonzalez-Sanfeliu was the Regional Director for Latin America Sales for INTELSAT, and joined the company for the first time. She was responsible for the development of new sales in Latin America and instrumental in growing revenues representing a 41% increase in profits for INTELSAT.
Ms. Gonzalez-Sanfeliu also formed part of Shell Oil Company’s IT section early career subsequent to with IT Consulting within Arthur Anderson Consulting in Washington D.C.
Education & Background
Born in Venezuela, Ms. González-Sanfeliu’s education includes an MBA Magna Cum Laude from George Washington University and a BA from Georgetown University along with Independent Marketing Studies at Oxford University. Her continuing education includes Executive Leadership Training and Negotiations at the Harvard Law School.
Ms. González-Sanfeliu has served as an active spokesperson for the international satellite communications industry. She has contributed articles and has been included in important feature stories for leading media outlets such as CNN en Español, Miami Herald, Poder Magazine, Broadcaster, Producción y Distribución, and CITEL. In addition to various Women of the Year awards, she also has been recognized as one of the world’s top international business leaders in articles recently published by World City and South Florida CEO.
Her community involvement is extensive in both Chambers and Universities. Ms. Gonzalez is a member of the Miami Dade Women’s Chamber of Commerce and on the Advisory Board of the Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce, amongst others. Her interest in the local Universities includes serving as a Board Member of the University of Miami Business School, Latin America Initiative, member of The Florida Bar Grievance Committee, and also with the University of Miami as a member of the Visiting Committee of the Colleague of Engineering.
Ms. Gonzalez has received several recognitions. To name a few:
Awards & Recognition
- Latin America’s Top 50 Businesswomen
- Latin American Business News & Intelligence
- Mujer de la Semana, Producción & Distribución e-news
- Han Triunfado, Carmen González
- Vanidades; Women at the top
- CEO WorldCity Business
- CNN en Español TV Interview: Latin America Telecoms Market
- Broadcaster Magazine, Los Actores Más Importantes de la Industria de Tecnología
- AXA, Women of the Year, Large Corporation
- Business Woman of the Year – Corporate Category, Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce
- International Business Woman of the Year, Large Corporation Category, OWIT South Florida
- International Business Leadership Award, Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce: Innovation & Innovative Practices, 2011
- Premio Honorifico 2018, NAB (National Association of Broadcasters), PRODU
Press & Publications
- 101 Most Influential People in the International South Florida Business Community, South Florida CEO, 2003
- South Florida’s Top 101 Global Leaders, South Florida CEO, April 2004 Issue
- La Dama de PanAmSat – Mujeres de la Industria, Producción y Distribución, 2005 April Issue
- Women at The Top, CEO WorldCity Business, Feb 2005, Who’s Here, Top 10 Women Led Multinationals.
- Han Triunfado…Carmen González, Vanidades, November 2005 Issue
- Broadcaster Magazine, Los actores mas importantes de la industria, Tecnología, Annual Edition, 2007
- “WIRED South Florida Style”: featured as one of seven women of “Women Rule” in 2007
- WorldCity: featured as one of the leaders of the 147 multinational tech firms in South Florida, 2008
- South Florida Business Journal 2009: Featured on the cover of the for ‘Out of the Box Thinking’ in April 2009
- Miami Herald Business Section feature – “Flashlights in the sky”, October 2010.
- Production & Distribución e-news: 2006-2010 Numerous write-ups in satellite telecommunications publication
Key Professional Organizations
- ASCOA: President’s Circle, Americas Society/Council of the Americas (AS/COA),
- BBC: Treasurer, Board Member
- CGCC: Board of Trustees, Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce
- Florida Bar Grievance Committee, Member
- Florida International University (FIU)
- Advisory Board member, MIT and MBA programs
- Latin American Forum, Graduate School of Business.
- OWIT: Organization of Women in International Trade, Board member
- SSPI Board Member: Society of Satellite Professionals
- University of Miami (UM)
- Board member, Latin America & Caribbean Initiative, Business School
- Visiting Committee Member for College of Engineering & School of Communications
- WITI: Women in Technology International, member
- WEL: Women’s Executive Leadership, Member
- WorldCity, CEO Forum member, Multinationals based in Florida
- The Women’s Fund of Miami Dade County, Board Member
- Miami Dade County (WCC): Women’s Chamber of Commerce, Member